Wed, Aug 09|
Understanding and Preparing and Preparing for Bill C-27
Time & Location
Aug 09, 2023, 7:00 p.m.
About the event
The Canadian government introduced Bill C-27 as its second attempt to replace the outdated PIPEDA and provide regulatory oversight to protect individual privacy rights. As organizations update their policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the new legislation, some areas will prove more challenging than others. In this discussion, the panelists will consider:
• Best practices for creating, maintaining and implementing a Privacy Management Program
• Tools and techniques to limit the risk associated with a data breach of private information
• How national and international companies can best manage and comply with different regulatory requirements (Quebec, Europe, etc.)
• Key considerations for companies relying on AI with the new Artificial Intelligence and Data Act
• What fintech organizations can collectively do to remain ahead of the curve when it comes to data collection, AI and privacy.
Panelists include: Tiana Corovic, Associate, Norton Rose Fulbright Carole Piovesan, Managing Partner, INQ Law Mark Rowan, Co-Founder and CEO, Data Sentine.